Advanced BSP

YouGroove

This is interesting, at some point we could perhaps have a way to add "plugins" to LE editor and add new tools to the editor to create geometry. (Editing animations and accessing bones would be nice, so we could do also some extra stuff there)

"Probuilder" is a separate tool that is not part of the Unity editor and sold separately. Would be nice to have the same, as having a way for others to add theses types of things to the LE editor.

This is interesting, at some point we could perhaps have a way to add "plugins" to LE editor and add new tools to the editor to create geometry. (Editing animations and accessing bones would be nice, so we could do also some extra stuff there)

Yep: time line editor plugin to make simple objects movement in editor, cinematics tool, character advanced animations definition and mixing etc .... etc ... BSP new tools : lathe tool, extrude, cut , subdivide etc ...

"Probuilder" is a separate tool that is not part of the Unity editor and sold separately. Would be nice to have the same, as having a way for others to add theses types of things to the LE editor.

This is what some of us ask from Leadwerks 3.0 days ... it would allow Josh to concentrate in pure 3D core engine, and let people make advanced tools and editor panels.

Problems is LE3 is based on some BlitzMax GUI, not the best to make advanced today windows interfaces , not the faster GUI also, so i really don't know if it would be easy or not to make plugins ?

Stop toying and make games

I would assume that leadwerks 2 was based on the same blitzmax tools, and it had plugins. So I would assume 3.x can support plugins eventually. Also you can't simply drop a plugin API, you need a stable code base that isn't prone to drastic changes, a predictable way for a UI to interface with the editor and a way to load into the game engine. Then it will need to be documented, and bug tested. I would start requesting a plugin API after all Kickstarter goals have been met and are stable.

If you absolutely want some plugins now, get leadwerks standard edition and use that to interface with your map, or create models or materials that can be imported in real time to your map.

If you absolutely want some plugins now, get leadwerks standard edition and use that to interface with your map, or create models or materials that can be imported in real time to your map.

Right now in 3.1 there is no way to ahve plugins. Some of us will simply ask something to be able to make custom editor interfaces and tools , i don't know how it will be in the real way ? open interface, editor specific Lua scripts ? It will be Josh decision.

Plugins are a strong suggestion not a super need, it should benefit LE3 i think, so we wait, and see if in the future something appears.

3D Coat is very good.

But when it comes to complex solid geometry modelers it becomes a nightmare to make good retoplogy.

All depends on your level of comlexity and for hard surface, creating directly the in game model without having to spend a long time to od complex retopology this is better method caus more accurate and no loosen time in retopology.

Just my personnal point of view about hard surface complexity and retoplogy.

I hope Leadwerks 3.1 to quickly get BSP, and if possible be able to edit vertex/edges/faces and have some tools like

Extrude, cut , subdivide like Unity plugin example below :

For programmers, non modelers and people that wanting to stay in Leadwerks 3.1 editor for level making this style of working can be top and will only bring BSP in 3.1 to another level if it will happen ?