[Linux] Leadwerks crashes on opening file dialogues

Cybolic

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"

That error suggest your using ubuntu with a non unity desktop environment ( ala. kbuntu or mint ) - only Ubuntu 12.04 unity is supported

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

That error suggest your using ubuntu with a non unity desktop environment ( ala. kbuntu or mint ) - only Ubuntu 12.04 unity is supported

would XFce desktop work?

Learn to obey

before you command

when you see very good tactic

sit back and think again.

Basics prince Zuko.

Basics are your greatest strength.

I'm not though.This is stock standard Unity.

I'm guessing this has something to do with multiarch which might have gotten messed up from the install script (the thing about appmenu-gtk:i386 not existing in 13.10) ?

Does anyone know what should normally be installed in regards to appmenu-gtk, unity-gtk-module and unity-gtk2-module?

I'm not though.This is stock standard Unity.

I'm guessing this has something to do with multiarch which might have gotten messed up from the install script (the thing about appmenu-gtk:i386 not existing in 13.10) ?

Does anyone know what should normally be installed in regards to appmenu-gtk, unity-gtk-module and unity-gtk2-module?

Good news for me is that :

• *** Error in `./Leadwerks': free(): invalid pointer: 0x0c64ec30 ***

is the exact bug I'm getting on mint16; bad news for you 13.10 is not supported

you could try "sudo apt-get install unity-gtk2-module" but I'm fairly sure all it will do is remove the initial warning - you would still get a segfault from free being called on an unitialized variable

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Okay, I think I got it working now.

I couldn't downgrade my gtk2 libraries (which seem to be the issue) to the versions used in 12.04, but the following seems to work:

1. Download (from http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libgtk2.0-0 and its links) and unpack the contents of libgtk2.0-0_2.24.10-0ubuntu6_i386.deb, libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0_2.26.1-1_i386.deb and libpng12-0_1.2.46-3ubuntu4_i386.deb (their CONTENTS/usr/lib contents that is) into ~/Leadwerks/Lib32 (a new directory)

2. Run Leadwerks with the following command:
    env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~"/Leadwerks/Lib32:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ./Leadwerks

I'm fairly certain it's possible to compile Leadwerks in a way that wouldn't make all this necessary though.

• Upvote 1

Further digging ( installing -dev libraries for libpng12 ) and repetedly craching Leadwerks reveals that this is most likely caused by a corrupted (or missing png file) that is being copied and free()'d with out testing if the file actually did load.

I cant seem to locate the file causing the crash the last loaded png when using the "open" icon is always:

/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/actions/16/edit-find.png

and for right clicking in the first quadrant :

/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/actions/16/zoom-in.png

Both of those files are in working order so that unfortunately doesn't help much

System:

Okay, I think I got it working now.

I couldn't downgrade my gtk2 libraries (which seem to be the issue) to the versions used in 12.04, but the following seems to work:

1. Download (from http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libgtk2.0-0 and its links) and unpack the contents of libgtk2.0-0_2.24.10-0ubuntu6_i386.deb, libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0_2.26.1-1_i386.deb and libpng12-0_1.2.46-3ubuntu4_i386.deb (their CONTENTS/usr/lib contents that is) into ~/Leadwerks/Lib32 (a new directory)

2. Run Leadwerks with the following command:
    env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~"/Leadwerks/Lib32:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ./Leadwerks

I'm fairly certain it's possible to compile Leadwerks in a way that wouldn't make all this necessary though.

Wish I'd refreshed and seen this.

Fixed it on Mint 16 with ( you only need old libpng as far as I can tell )

open comand prompt in your leadwerks install dir and type

mkdir -p badlib
cd badlib
wget "http://dk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libp/libpng/libpng12-0_1.2.46-3ubuntu4_i386.deb"
dpkg -x libpng12-0_1.2.46-3ubuntu4_i386.deb .
cd ..

run as

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=badlib/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ ./Leadwerks

Version that mint 16 installs ( and 13.10 I guess ):

[/size]
$ aptitude versions libpng12-0
Package libpng12-0:					   
i   1.2.49-4ubuntu1																											 saucy																								    500
Package libpng12-0:i386:
i A 1.2.49-4ubuntu1																											 saucy																								    500

• Upvote 1

System: