[Linux] 1-4 in alpahnumeric number block are constantly mapped to changing transformation tools

As the title says. Even when an input field is selected, like editing the properties of any object from the scene list, these number keys are still mapped to changing these tools making proper input of values impossible. A workaround is to use the numblock but if you don't have one on your machine you are SOL on Linux for the time being.

This also extends to the + and - keys on the alphanumerical block, again, the numblock ones will output the character.

If I understand what you wrote correctly your bug report boils down to:

"If 'Num Lock' is NOT active then the numerical keyboard does not produce numbers"

It that correctly understood?

If that is the case then this is not a bug - that is precisely the function of num lock

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

there is a numlock to be able to trigger on Linux remotely.

/etc/slim.conf

edit line:

numlock			    on // off

altho this probably won't solve bug but I think it's a workaround.

Learn to obey

before you command

when you see very good tactic

sit back and think again.

Basics prince Zuko.

Basics are your greatest strength.

Okay, let me rephrase that:

That block on the right of your keyboard with all the numbers? Forget about it! It has nothing to do with the issue, it can simply be used as a workaround.

The issues is with the number keys 1-4 above the letter keys being always mapped to the transformation options I talked about which means they won't input the proper numbers into the input boxes ever. The + and - keys near the letters have the same issue because they are shortcuts for zooming in and out.

What I need to do is remove any shortcuts that don't use a modifier key, since having the focus in a text field does not prevent hot keys from being triggered.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.