3.1 Non Steam Download

tjheldna

Leadwerks Non Steam Windows download.

Hi Josh, I may be having a seniors moment, but after I download the Windows version there is no Leadwerks.exe in the directory. There is however a Leadwerks file with no file extension.

Is this just me experiencing this?

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

The extensionless file may just be the linux execuatable - have you tried running the updater; it downloaded both windows and linux version for me.

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Strange, I also got the Windows DLLs and EXEs when using the updater on Linux, maybe the Windows updater is having some issues?

Did you try the force option in the updater?

If that doesn't work and you don't want to wait until it is fixed maybe download the Linux updater and run it in a virtual machine with Ubuntu to get the Windows binaries. (That must have been the silliest sentence I've written in quite some time.)

I'm having the same issue. Now I was a Kickstarter backer for Indie Edition ($100). To my understanding that entitles you to an update fron 3.0 to 3.1 (which makes some sense since it's the same amount as the update fee). My guess is that at least my problems have something to do with that. Either the updater doesn't take those cases into account, or I was wrong about that update thing.

In any case, this corrupted my 3.0 installation, since it updates all project and content files but not the engine itself.

I don't know if you can even update 3.0 with that updater but you should have received an email with the download for the full version of 3.1 you are entitled to but I guess you have seen that mail since you used the reg key on the updater.

BUT: The USD 100 reward from the KS campaign seems to only include a Linux version.

BACKER: Receive Leadwerks for Linux when it's released. This allows you to program games with C++ and Lua.

You needed the USD 200 reward for Mac and Windows versions.

I hope this isn't a case of people not getting their Windows binaries because of misunderstanding the rewards.

But then again I'm receiving Windows binaries when I shouldn't as far as my reward level is concerned.

So I still think it is a bug in the windows updater.

I am referring to this post

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/41/entry-1156-leadwerks-31-pre-orders-now-available-indie-edition-coming-to-steam-january-6th/

Unter "Exemptions" it states

"Leadwerks 3.0 customers who backed the Leadwerks for Linux Kickstarter project for $99 or more will receive the 3.1 upgrade for free."

So that's pretty definite. But then, it also says "There is no purchase necessary to upgrade the mobile add-ons from Leadwerks 3.0 to Leadwerks 3.1" :)

As I said, my guess is that the updater currently isn't aware of all those different cases.

• Upvote 1

tjheldna I just downloaded from the email I was sent. Windows zip file was named "LeadwerksUpdater3.1.win32.zip". The updater installed just fine with an exe file in the correct folder.

Oh looking at the screenshot for the folder. You're also missing dll's which should also be there.

Q6600, GTX 560Ti, 8GB DDR2, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I've pre-ordered the 3.1 version and didn't receive any emails. My client area still says this "Thank you for your order. Please follow the Leadwerks Company Blog for the release of Leadwerks 3.1.". mellow.png

Edit: It seems I had to "Upgrade" my 3.0 purchase with my purchased 3.1 pre-order as if it wasn't upgraded when I purchased it... *sigh* they will send me a new key in 1 business day, meaning Monday I guess.

I am referring to this post

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/41/entry-1156-leadwerks-31-pre-orders-now-available-indie-edition-coming-to-steam-january-6th/

Unter "Exemptions" it states

"Leadwerks 3.0 customers who backed the Leadwerks for Linux Kickstarter project for $99 or more will receive the 3.1 upgrade for free."

So that's pretty definite. But then, it also says "There is no purchase necessary to upgrade the mobile add-ons from Leadwerks 3.0 to Leadwerks 3.1" smile.png

As I said, my guess is that the updater currently isn't aware of all those different cases.

Hi Josh,

Just wondering Is this still the case?

Cheers

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

If you chose a reward that was Linux-only, it won't download Windows files. In the case of people who had 3.0 already, I just need to go in and make an exception for your key.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.