names for sequences (animations)

DudeAwesome

its just a small hack i guess to give us the opportunity to give animations in the model editor a name. some of my models have a lot of animations and a quick look into the model editor to see which ID is what kind of animation would be helpful instead of looking always into the keyframes.

• Upvote 1

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

+10

Already asked long time ago.

Would make workflow lot more simple :

You would code directly code play("walk") and it will spare you to not have to create a correspondance each time

anim.walk = 0

anim.run = 1

etc ...

+ ability to play or in loop animations sequence to test with a slider to adjust speed.

We use LE3 super basic model tool, it does the super minimum requirements, would be time some to make it more friendly.

Stop toying and make games

I'd recommend you manage sequences by yourself (in code using keyframes) or use the GMF SDK to build your own model editor for Leadwerks.

No way i would do that, i won't program 3D editor basic tools, or i'll would use Ogre 3D or other 3D engines.

Managing keyframes by code can be a solution, but it's more programmer taste solution.

More hight level solution is put name and start-end frames on the model editor and that's it, your code is independant, because calling : play("walk") will never have to be changed if you change your character frames.

• Show bones

This is an major feature missing. I always have to switch to another tool to check where the bones are actually located. An option to show bones would be nice.
  • "Extract Animation Sequence"

The tab order is broken in this window. This gets annoying when extracting multiple animation sequences.
In my opinion, the tab order should be: First Frame -> Last Frame -> OK -> Cancel
  • "Resize Model"

When resizing a model to fit a specified size, it would be nice to see the resulting scaling from the original size in percentage.
  • Model editor window

Having the model editor and Leadwerks stick together when minimizing is annoying. I would like to be able to minimize Leadwerks independently of the model editor.
  • Animation sequences

The drop down list is good for a few sequences, once you start using 20-30+ this is pain. I would suggest a list for it, just as the bones are shown. Another thing missing here is re-ordering sequences.

Needed indeed.

I add more usefull ones :

• Show axes option : to be able to see if your imported model is right aligned for LE3 engine.
  • Grid option : To be able to viwe if your imported model is too big or too small
  • Play/Play Loop animation : abiltity to play animation in LE3

jep! playbutton would be sick ;) I was looking for something like that but it seems like I have to do it manually in the editor with the keyframe markers.

I rly hope there is coming some kind of mod support for leadwerks that I can implement my own tiny stuff.

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

I rly hope there is coming some kind of mod support for leadwerks that I can implement my own tiny stuff.

Already asked multiple times also.

Time passes and important or essential features just got forgotten , you never know what will be taken account or approoved. Only thing you know , it could be implemented if enought people ask it regulary , but it could take ages to come.

Even simple things as uniform scale Gizmo.

LE3 have some general roadmap, but for suggestion this is as hazardous as lottery or like twilight zone laugh.png

Giving animations in the model editor a name would be good.

I don't know the feasibility but spending a few days or a week doing the small features would be great. I say small features but but I don't know whats involved. blink.png

Elite Cobra Squad

• 2 weeks later...

+100000

This would make scripts a lot simpler because they could just specify a name without knowing or caring the index.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

lol laugh.png

Anyway, having the name option would be good :

Play( ... ,"walk", ...)

You define it in the model editor when extracting sequences, and no more have to care about index and no more have to declare animations , just use the name that is easy to remember compared to number.

It's a big plus, less low level programmer, more intuitive and intuitive for everyone.

Apparently FBX files do support sequence names. So we're adding that to the converter, and they will show up automagically.

It's a good idea to get this stuff worked out before the Blender plugin is made.

I like the fact that Brad and I can invest a few hours in this, and we get a collective savings of hundreds of hours of work. Pretty awesome. :)

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.