Differences between Standalone and Steam edition?

danieru

Hi, I would like to know what are the differences between the Steam version and the Standalone. Seems to me I read that the only difference is the integration with the Steam Workshop.

I ask this to decide if I should buy the Standalone today or wait for the Steam version has support for Linux, so I would like to be sure that the Standalone also has the same functionalities. eg integration with Steam SDK.

Steam Indie Version, Lua scripting only

Standalone Version, C++ and Lua

That is the major difference between the Indie Steam version and the Standalone version plus Standalone without Steam has no Steam support meaning no workshop...

• Upvote 1

Steam Indie Version, Lua scripting only

Standalone Version, C++ and Lua

That is the major difference between the Indie Steam version and the Standalone version plus Standalone without Steam has no Steam support meaning no workshop...

Great! So the only difference is Steam workshop integration! And i don't need that biggrin.png

Thanks really, I'm buying Leadwerks now.

you can run Steam Offline, it is not necessary to have it online to play games, same must apply to Leadwerks.

Although When are Standalone users capable to finally download Leadwerks Standalone?!?!

Are there still so many bugs that the standalone cannot ship for digital downloads?

I wait since March but others wait since well longer while we all see Steam version user playing, toying, tinking with Leadwerks.

Any estimated time?

• Upvote 1

Intel Xeon E5-1600, AMD R9 280 or AMD Firepro V7900, Samsung 2*32 gigs PC1600 ECC, Samsung 256 gig SDD 840