Questions

Hi there, i have been working on getting the money to buy the engine for almost 3 months now (14 year old with not a lot of money ) and i have some question about the engine and here they are:

--First of all what are the pros and cons of using c++ instead of lua for a project besides performance?

--When are networking capabilities being added to the engine ( i do not want to use RakNet or any other external library )?

--As it has been seen with other games, the involvement of the community of a game is a lot of times done threw the making of maps for others to play in and have fun. The problem is paying 150 € for a full game engine when you really only want to make maps for the game is too expensive (specially as i want to make my games free and to not make users pay to make content for it). What i want to get to is, will there, maybe in the future be a stand alone (maybe free or with a small price) world editor?

--This question is a little more silly. Is it fine to use models and stuff like that from other engine's asset stores in leadwerks? I have seen some models i really but they are from a different engines asset store.

The game i am going to be making when i get leadwerks and am comfortable using it will be kind of an fps based shooter ( free game ) but with the possibility for the user to make maps change to a certain extent how the game works (kind of like bukkit for those of you who play minecraft )with out having to actually moding the game it self.

Sorry for my lack of knowing how to use this",".

:D

--First of all what are the pros and cons of using c++ instead of lua for a project besides performance?

C++ allows more advanced control and importing of third party libraries, but is kind of an advanced programming language. Lua is probably best for a beginner.

--When are networking capabilities being added to the engine ( i do not want to use RakNet or any other external library )?

No timeline for this has been announced.

--As it has been seen with other games, the involvement of the community of a game is a lot of times done threw the making of maps for others to play in and have fun. The problem is paying 150 € for a full game engine when you really only want to make maps for the game is too expensive (specially as i want to make my games free and to not make users pay to make content for it). What i want to get to is, will there, maybe in the future be a stand alone (maybe free or with a small price) world editor?

It's an idea I have thought about. Our mission is to turn players into makers, and I am a big fan of mods and level design. That's all I will say for the time being about this.

--This question is a little more silly. Is it fine to use models and stuff like that from other engine's asset stores in leadwerks? I have seen some models i really but they are from a different engines asset store.
Leawerks will load FBX files, which are pretty standard, so there shouldn't be any problem with that.

The game i am going to be making when i get leadwerks and am comfortable using it will be kind of an fps based shooter ( free game ) but with the possibility for the user to make maps change to a certain extent how the game works (kind of like bukkit for those of you who play minecraft )with out having to actually moding the game it self.

Sounds cool.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.