1 on 1 Training by the hour

Rick

Just had my first session with Rick yesterday and I'll be booking my second as soon as possible! I found the tuition to be well paced, with Rick taking the time to make sure you've understood everything and to see if you have any questions. His knowledge of both LE and programming are apparent from the start as is his ability to explain what's going on in the engine and behind the scenes. It was a thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding session, I'd recommend him to anyone just starting their journey into leadwerks or game dev in general.

Thanks Rick, I'm sure I'll be bothering you in the week with project ideas :P, looking forward to our next session!

• Upvote 1

I'm insanely busy it would seem for the next two weeks, working on redoing a big website and database.

When I get this completed I would love to get started on this.

The site is using a new type of database that I have to setup from scratch, so it will take some time to get it completed.

• 1 month later...

Well, I want to get the full standard version first so that all the tools are there that I want to use rather than learning Lua alone and then needing to learn C++ again later. That will be a while - a couple weeks at least. I'll be in touch before I schedule any appointments though. I'll post here to check in with you before I schedule any sessions. Thanks!

Running on:

Microsoft 8 64-bit

10 gigs RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

My limit in coding is Assembly, 6502 and ARM, and C. One would think with C under my belt that C++ would be a walk in the park but it is not. lol. Assembly and C are very straight forward: You have your main program or start and you have your functions or subroutines. C++ has these classes and inheritances and all the jazz. So I'll be looking for some help with that and also how it applies in Leadwerks. The UI, so far, has been straight forward. But I'm sure I'll need help there too.

Running on:

Microsoft 8 64-bit

10 gigs RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is very interesting! I'm looking to learn Lua, and have begun looking at books to pick up on the subject, but I think 1 on 1 training would be a great way to supplement that.

If you're still offering this, Rick, I'm very interested.

• 8 years later...

2015....Is tuition still something on offer?  Would love to get some 1 on 1 for Leadwerks 4.6 and Lua please.

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured

On second note, does anyone still or interested in offering Tuition for Leadwerks and Lua?

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured