New section tutorial on forums

YouGroove

What this new section is so desorganized ?

Lot of stuff from LE2 mixed with LE3 , so confusing.

Event too old tutorials FPS Creator to GMF ? Is not LE3 modern 3D engine ?

It would need a real organisation :

LE2 :

->Code

->Art

LE3 :

->Code

->Art

Why not proposing better view list systems : tutorials title only + thumbnails

This is tutorials about everything thrown on a thread, but if this is mainly archive that's ok.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

There should be a General separation between LE versions and the Forum categories. It should increase the overview for all LE Users. It is also an indicator how much the versions are in use. I also cant understand (I dont own lower LE versions than 3.1) why there is no documentation for older versions available public here.

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

The documentation for LE2 is still available. The people that use those versions know those links:

For instance: http://leadwerks.com/wiki

The reason there is no seppearte forum is probably because there are so few people who still use it. No reason to have a whole forum for it anymore.

I do not agree with the tutorial section being filled with old stuff though. I understand that the forum category is automatically filled with topics when new tutorials are added in the tutorial. But right now it contains so much old stuff.

The first thing this page calls:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials

is the old user guide for 2.3.

Untill some 3.1 tutorials are moved in to the new tutorial section, I would not show it. Right now it is only confusing things.

This is not a reason for me. When its so different it should be a reason to separate Forum and docu.

Wasn't trying to give you a reason that was good enough for you, was just giving you the reason smile.png It only confuses things to have it here with no way to currently purchase it. It has been pushed aside for LE 3.

snapback.pngRick, on 15 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

It has been pushed aside for LE3.

If this statement is true, than i do not see any reason for using LeadWerks.

Buying an Engine is an investement in money, but even more on time you need to learn. It takes months before you're able to really work with it and before you really understand the concepts to build a real game.

And as LeadWerks does not provide an offline documentation (like most other engines do) you need this somewhere on the company WebSite.

So if the product and all related documentation simply disappears, only because the developer decides to do something new, this investement is very unsafe.

• Upvote 3

If this statement is true, than i do not see any reason for using LeadWerks.

Buying an Engine is an investement in money, but even more on time you need to learn. It takes months before you're able to really work with it and before you really understand the concepts to build a real game.

And as LeadWerks does not provide an offline documentation (like most other engines do) you need this somewhere on the company WebSite.

So if the product and all related documentation simply disappears, only because the developer decides to do something new, this investement is very unsafe.

Documentation is online because it can be easily worked on by multiple people at once, and it gives us the ability to instantly update the users with new information. There is a pinned thread at the top of this forum with links to older documentation and legacy sections of the site.