Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IDE issue finding the Leadwerks C++ code.

wdna

Although my project compiles after I added 'pthread' and 'X11' to linker in build options, the Code::Blocks IDE is unable to find the declarations of the 'Leadwerks' namespace.

For example:

window = Leadwerks::Window::Create("MyGame", 200, 150, 1024, 768, Leadwerks::Window::Titlebar);

When pressing LMB on 'Create' and choosing "Go to deceleration ..." the action results an error.

My version of Code::Blocks is 13.12, the default install on Ubuntu 14.04.

I did not find any 'special' way to add the files to IDE, their path is clearly in the include.

Should I add what's inside /home/myuser/Leadwerks/Include/ to the project files or anything like that?

Actually this should not be necessary. Did you create the project from within the Leadwerks-Editor?

Yes, I opened the files from ~/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Test/Projects/Linux with Code::Blocks -- this was generated by creating new C++ project.

Since I am currently on windows, I can't try this myself, but you could try the following:

1. Create a backup of your .cbp - file

2. Open it with the text editor of your choice (if you are new to Linux, you might find a graphical one like "gedit" might fit your needs)

3. Find the lines containing

4. <Environment>
     <Variable name="LeadwerksPath" value='"..."' />
    </Environment>

(In my file they were lines 46ff)

5. Make sure, the path between the quots is your Leadwerks directory (this should be the top-level directory, containing the folders Library, libs, Include, etc.

6. Safe the file and load it into code::blocks

If this works for you, something might have gone wrong with setting up the $LEADWERKS_LINUX_PATH variable.

Edited by Ma-Shell

Yes, that seems to be the the case:

<Environment>
<Variable name="LeadwerksPath" value='"/home/wdna/Leadwerks"' />
</Environment>

I'm starting to think this is some kind of Code::Blocks bug?

By looking at build configuration, without this variable compile should not work, but it does.

I've noticed the same thing (running on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit & CB 13.12). It doesn't use the Leadwerks namespace even in the default App.cpp file but I have to refer to all that stuff with Leadwerks::Time::Update(), Leadwerks::Window and so on. I don't have any spaces in any of the paths, either.

Could the .cbp file have the <Add library="pthread" /> and <Add library="X11" /> lines added to it by default?

Josh, Toaster, found the issue, I replaced:

with:

<Variable name="LeadwerksPath" value="/home/wdna/Leadwerks" />

Looking at other definitions in project, this seemed a bit strange to set value like that with the '"' escape.

Now everything works fine and I can view the source files.

Like mentioned, it would be nice if this libraries will be auto added upon new projects:

<Add library="pthread" />
<Add library="X11" />

Josh, Toaster, found the issue, I replaced:

with:

<Variable name="LeadwerksPath" value="/home/wdna/Leadwerks" />

Looking at other definitions in project, this seemed a bit strange to set value like that with the '"' escape.

Now everything works fine and I can view the source files.

Like mentioned, it would be nice if this libraries will be auto added upon new projects:

<Add library="pthread" />
<Add library="X11" />

Done.