EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hello,

I'm currently getting a dialog box whenever I try and start up Leadwerks Game Engine: Indie Edition.

Can someone please tell me on how to fix this, I would appreciate it very much as I have been frustrated ever since I purchased the software this morning.

Kind Regards,

- dintendocoltd

EDIT: Just getting Image of error.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/YHab2Lr.png

Hello,

I do get the same Problem:

Steam Indie Beta 3.1

This morning my Engine had run ok.

Now it does this Errormessage all the time when loading a new map

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Does anyone know, what to do ?

C.U. R.E.Z.

Leadwerks Standart Edition RTS Creator

Hello,

@ Josh

Loading a new map? You mean creating a new map? Is there an actual map file that causes this?

This morning I deleated the last save of my map I am working on. Starting out with the second last ...

Now the LE does run ok again.

Thank You for Your Help and Hint smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Have a nice day,

C.U. R.E.Z.

Leadwerks Standart Edition RTS Creator

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello when even I load leadwerks it always shows EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when its loading the Devices spesificly when it gets to "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD" please note that I am running this on a old fujist laptop and im using this temporarly because my PC's Motherboard, Processor and Memory fried there selves and geting replacement parts soonish but im on a time schedual for releasing my current project and I need it done by the end of the year so I have been trying to keep on schedual anyway is there a fix to my issue? or am I going to do all nighters to get it done? ( sorry about the last part I get a bit carried away when on forums *derp* )

EDIT: welp there is no fix to my issue... looks like its gonna have to be all nighters for a month to keep on time... oh well :|

I have a GeForce GTX 970 and I get the same problem, however only in the editor. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it so I haven't bothered posting as I figured it'd be useless to complain about something Josh can't reproduce.

But since it seems other people have similar issues I figured I'd mention it. I seem to randomly get these exception access violations when doing anything in the editor, some common things I've noticed are: Loading a project (Most often), Creating a new project (Very rare), and often when selecting things [maybe only certain things?] from the "Create" drop down menu (Fairly rare).

Edit: That being said, since opting into the beta this hasn't happened once. Although I can't confidentially say it's fixed as it was always a rare issue that'd happen once or twice a day on average and I haven't been using the editor extensively since updating, more been working on the code in MSV.

Also after posting I noticed this thread got a little off topic. xD OP's problem is his video card is incompatible.

Hello when even I load leadwerks it always shows EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when its loading the Devices spesificly when it gets to "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD" please note that I am running this on a old fujist laptop and im using this temporarly because my PC's Motherboard, Processor and Memory fried there selves and geting replacement parts soonish but im on a time schedual for releasing my current project and I need it done by the end of the year so I have been trying to keep on schedual anyway is there a fix to my issue? or am I going to do all nighters to get it done? ( sorry about the last part I get a bit carried away when on forums *derp* )

I'd check if Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD supports OpenGL 4, I doubt it. There might be a better tool but this will tell you what version it supports: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.php

• 2 weeks later...

GTX 760, Nvidia

I got this error by trying to publish a map with much much different models loaded on it, AND it seems changing the LE options "video" on high definitively makes this happen.

It seems that having the (start) map loaded in the editor while doing the publication generates this.

I found 2 solutions with this:

-> Not so good solution: Changing the option "video" graphic on low makes the publication of the map possible.

-> Very good solution: (as you can publish with the High graphic options) is to go through a "change map" script from a little (start) map using a scripted trigger to the bigger map that made problems.

Edit:

It seems only loading a "much" heavy modelled big (4000*4000) map with the editor and then packaging is enough to cause the error.

First loaded map should be a light little one with the change-map scripted trigger to the heavy map: That seems no problem to package & publish :)