FPS cut in half

digman

I do not have the steps to reproduce this problem yet but am making you aware of a potential bug

Dave (ScrotieFlapWack) Lua Steam version 3.1 O.S. Windows

Rick Lua Steam verison Steam Standalone 3.1 O.S Windows

David (Digman) Standalone 3.1 version O.S. Linux 12.04 LTS 64 bit.

Testing Systems:

FPS relative to each persons system specs.

Problem: Phobia Project----

No large changes in the Project between updates that should cause a big FPS hit.

Phobia Project is updated using the Project Manager each time I get a new Phobia project updated from Dave.

I remove the old project and then import the new project and and update it using the Project Manager.

Rick has mention that the FPS takes a hit sometimes when loading a Phobia project that has been updated (GoogleDrive) by Dave

David--- I turned on vertical sync and my FPS is a solid 60 FPS. I created a new folder, added a Character model (no bones or animation) and then saved the Phobia project locally on my hard drive. Upon reopening Leadwerks and running the Phobia project my FPS is now 30. This is not the first time this has happened.

From reading the forums, I noticed that others sometimes take hits on their FPS and are unsure why.

Sorry for the non-reproducing bug report.

Josh, do you any suggestions on what I or we can do to help narrow down what is causing this problem and get you a reproducible bug report.

You made remove this report if it does not meet the bug reporting standard as I can not give a real reproducing bug report yet.

Yes, I do know that.... smile.png I was going to talk to Dave about you being able to get the project. I just did not want say anything till then. It was on my mind at the moment about the fps problem as it just happened again. As soon as I hear from Dave, will let you know...

Yeah without the project files no way to track down this problem.

EDIT::: Done and will work out a way for you to get the project...

Today after installing a complete clean install of Leadwerks 3.1 Standalone Linux, I downloaded the Phobia project. Ran the Project and was getting the solid vertical sync 60 FPS. I changed one light color and reduced the bump extrusion on one normal map under the normal map texture editor window. After saving the map locally on my hard drive then running the project, (not debug) FPS was cut in half again. It was 30 FPS.

I followed the same workflow as stated in my first post.

It appears that saving a map for some reason causes the FPS to drop. This is all the current information I have on what could be at least causing some of the problems with the FPS drop.

This might have something to do with my performance issues I reported on recently, I though it was a driver problem but I think I was mistake in that.

I still get that issue from time to time and I usually have other programs open while doing so. I never get good fps out of any test run I make under Linux from within the editor. If I run the game directly via the binary inside the project folder I great great fps, unless I still have the editor open or Chromium, even if Chromium is just on the starting tab, it just has to run to absolutely murder my fps.

Can you check if you see similar behavior with open applications in the background even though they might not even create a CPU/GPU load?

EDIT: Seems like Chromium isn't even that reliable to cause that issue, only the Leadwerks editor itself is sure to simply murder my fps all the time.