Can't install from ubuntu software center (ubuntu 14.04)

perlwonk

I purchased the indie version from the ubuntu software center (version 14.04), but while the software center is installing leadwerks, it fails with this error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to download repository information

Check your Internet connection

W:Failed to fetch https://private-ppa.launchpad.net/commercial-ppa-uploaders/leadwerks-indie/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages HttpError404

, W:Failed to fetch https://private-ppa.launchpad.net/commercial-ppa-uploaders/leadwerks-indie/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-i386/Packages HttpError404

, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT, my internet connection is good. Did something get corrupted? Thanks.

Have you tried to navigate to the links from the error message, log-in with your Ubuntu SSO account and see if there is actually anything in there?

If the software center is being stupid you should still be able to download these debs manually, if there actually is nothing there contacting someone from Ubuntu might be wise.

This is not directly related to Leadwerks.

It seems although you have internet connection you getting NOT FOUND 404 messages from that site.

Did you make any repository configurations on your Ubuntu? maybe try a mirror of this repository?

Ok, I got Leadwerks installed, but now I have a really stupid question. How do I launch it? I type "leadwerks" in the dash (ubuntu 14.04) but nothing happens. Also, in my leadwerks folder are .exe and .dll files. Is this normal? I thought this was a native port.

It is a native port but exe's and DLLs are included anyway which means you could deploy the Windows version of a game without ever booting into Windows.

If you try to run Leadwerks from the terminal what - if any - error message are you getting?

It is a native port, but they are there so you can just copy this to windows and launch the .exe.

For Launching it: Navigate to the leadwerks-folder (the same as the .exe and .dll files are in) and run the install.sh (if you didn't already do so). This folder should also include a file called just "Leadwerks", which is the Linux-binary, you should run.

Got it, thanks. But now I get an error message that reads:

"Failed to initialize graphics. Your graphics hardware may not be supported."

lshw show that I have:

GF108GLM [Quadro 1000M]

NVIDIA Corporation

It just desn't have enough horse power? I need to develope on my gaming rig and not my laptop?

OpenGL 4 is required, as stated in the system requirements. Nvidia's proprietary drivers support this, but I do not know if the Quadro series does.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.