Does LW have an Illumination map?

Andy Gilbert

Hi, I'm just wondering how in leadwerks I can get objects or surfaces to appear as though there backlit such as computer screens, televisions, windows etc?

From what I remember in the past generally you would use an illumination map? Is this so with leadwerks?

Thanks

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

...simple way is to set specific point light at such places, driven by triggers, so they will lit object passing by when trigger is activated..other way, i found very very good, is use of spherical harmonics..SH will give you best possible lighting at zero cost (performance wise), but you will have to capture coeficients offline, and load it during runtime, for specific level/zone..

Hi, using lights is the current way I've tried but it really doesn't give the correct effect. For instance using it for a computer screen you end up with a round light and dark corners, if you have it close. Move it further away and it just illuminates everything which doesn't look right at all. I'm not aware of SH? I'm not current using zones or anything. This is a simple scene with some tv screens in there and I just want then to look as though there on and backlit.

Whilst trying to do this I noticed when my son was playing king fu panda on the Xbox that it was a dark scene with the Chinese round orange lantern style things everywhere and they were all lit up like laterns. They were scattered everywhere and where solid textures so clearly wasn't being lit from within and I'm sure each one didn't have a light near each one as there were lit all around it and not giving off any illumination, just lit up. So I assume there is some other method used?

Thanks

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Hi, does the underground scene still come packed with LW as i dont seem to have it with my version, and its uptodate?

Ignore me, its not a map but a model.

Andy