AppTitle missing from Lua

Canardia

Didn't even think of that ;)

Well, it works, kinda. I had to rename the exe to "Sokoban 1.0.exe" to get the window title I want.

kinda works? appears to work just fine for me... My game now has the title 'Sokoban 1.0' as well. :)

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Well one thing which doesn't work is the correct naming of the log file (it is created as "Sokoban 1.log"), since Josh looks for the first dot in the filename (filenames can have multiple dots, which is standard in almost all OS except Windows also), so he should always look for the LAST dot (using RInstr() or something) to determine the filename and extension.

Multiple dots in filenames are used for nested extensions, like filename.tar.gz, which is a gunzip packed file, which was first tared. Of course tar -xf filename.tar.gz works also, since the inner extensions can be supported by the tools if they supported the outer extensions too (which tar does, since it calls first gunzip if the outer extension is gz).

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Of course tar -xf filename.tar.gz works also, since the inner extensions can be supported by the tools if they supported the outer extensions too (which tar does, since it calls first gunzip if the outer extension is gz).

Maybe in some later version of tar, but in my experience you always have to tell it that it's a gzip compressed tar with "tar -xzf filename.tar.gz". Not the "z" tells it to run it through gunzip first, like the "j" tells it to use bunzip2.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

hmmm... i guess i would have just called the exe Sokoban 1_0 if i was going to be that worried about what the log file was named... but perhaps thats something josh can easily fix with the multiple dots...

Yeah, it's not even something which I consider a bug, it's just fundamental wrong thinking, since I can't even imagine why people would assume that the FIRST dot seperates the filename from the extension (it takes also more CPU cycles, since the extension is in most cases shorter than the filename, so it's faster to start from the end of the string). Maybe people who never used other OS than DOS would :P

I think the wrong thinking is caused by a BlitzMax function called StripExt() or something, so it might not even be Josh's fault.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■