Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Working FPS Hands Weapon Rig?

Phodex Games

Question

Hi,

recently I am working on some new animations for my FPS hands. The problem I have is I have for example a sword attack animation, and want the player to be able to equip diffrent weapons (types of swords). I kind of worked out a solution which works, but I causes a lot of trouble and is not much fun to work with and I cannot believe there is no better solution.

I simply put a weapon bone into my rig, then I imported the sword model inside Blender, parented it to the bone to see the sword while animating. Then I export the rig an hand model, afterwards I export the Sword model (in its original position and rotation of course), but if I parent it to the weapon bone, its rotation is weird and I need to manually fix it, or I can't even find the right rotation. I tried fbx export, and leadwerks exporter. I get very diffrent results. I tested this stuff for hours now and are kind of frustrated :(.

So far to what I already did.

Now my question: What is a common way to do such a thing, as I dont know? Any tutorials, guides how to realise a system like this? How do you guys solve that? Because it is really a pain to syncronize the positions/rotations I have inside Blender, with the Leadwerks dimensions. Thank you in advance for your answers.

2 answers to this question