Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(Solved) A Poltergeist with Drawimage only in ONE map. (Rest of maps ok)

Russell

Question

Hello again team!!

See if you can help me with a Poltergeist that has suddenly appeared on one of the maps in my game.

I use a Script to display images on the screen using "context: DrawImage".

Until yesterday the images were showing me correctly on the screen. As I show in the following image:

gameplayentero.thumb.jpg.12389fbb8cf326e9abe68ecb81f58934.jpg

But today, as I continue working with the map, the textures appear like this. Translucent and in a gray color:

20201015224732_1.thumb.jpg.cb3217458fc0a5938a5f3f7dd7cfbada.jpg

The only change i have made to the map since yesterday has been to add 3 ship models and animate them with 3 platforms.

I use the same Script to display the same images on other maps in the game and it still works fine on them. I don't know why the images have started to look like this only on this map or where the problem comes from to fix it.

Has someone a similar Poltergeist happened to him??? Or any idea how to fix it?

Any help or clue with this will be welcome!!

Thank you!!

PS: "I've tried creating another NEW scripts to show the image or another images, an NO ONE of the images or the Scripts show the images full coloured. I don't know what more inspect..."

4 answers to this question

Ok!! Now i have reached one satisfiying solution!!!

With one more test i have solved my problems without use a duplicated script with another "FrameTexture2" variable. This 3 lines of CONTEXT in PostRender really solve my problem in this Poltergeist map maintaining the good functionality of the rest of the maps:

function Script:PostRender(context)
	context:SetBlendMode(Blend.Alpha)
	context:SetColor(Vec4(1, 1, 1, 1))

--[[Block code of FRAMETEXTURE different uses]]--

context:SetBlendMode(Blend.Solid)
end

I don't fully understand why the translucent images originated only in this map, but this second solution is better for me than the previous patch I have written above.

6 hours ago, Marcousik said:

Hi,

Maybe you ran out of memory or something similar...

Did you try to load a backup map (a few days old) to see if the images are drawn correctly?

Yeah, i tried. And the backup shows the images ok. But there are to much changes to use it.

I'm afraid that I don't have more choices in this moment. In next days I will make all the new changes to the backup. 😭

But that's better than losing all the work.

Thanks Marcousik.

I have solve my Poltergeist team!!!

After many, many, many tests, I have discovered that the problem of my translucent textures in the only map where I get the error is derived from the INTENSIVE use of a VARIABLE "FrameTexture" that I use to display ALL the HUD images in relation to to CARRY OBJECTS WITH OUR HANDS ...

I control the entire HUD with "FrameTexture" variable, and it's possible that its use in that map is possibly saturated with the evolved idea of Marcousik. I think this is why I see all the DrawImage textures badly on the screen in that map:

if frametexture ~= Texture:Load("Materials/Effects/black.tex") then
		context:DrawImage(frametexture, 0,0,context:GetWidth(),context:GetHeight())
	else
		context:DrawImage(frametexture, 0,0,context:GetWidth(),context:GetHeight()) 
	end

I have tried to create a new script with another FrameTexture2 variable, and the problem in that map is fixed. The hud images are working ok in the map again.

I don't like the idea of having a duplicate script that does the same as the old. And this, more than a solution is a patch that solves my problem. But I don't know the real origin of the Poltergeist. But hey!! To get out of the way is more than enough for me.

😄🤗

• Like 1