TheoLogic

Performance boost and multithreading

After exams I will. Just some movie from RE::Pest showing how this lags...

I'm sorry, but I am on a tight schedule right now. After January I have time to document, and test if needed.

Argh, it isn't like anyone else here can't make a 5 minute demo with 20 character controllers, or for Josh to try it himself...

I was running 50+ earlier, it slowed down but not that badly. So it's not character controllers themselves maybe collision settings causing a lot of collisions it has to process?

The reason I ask for a demo of your problem is because I suspect you either have some very unoptimal physics shapes or you are using a high value for the update iterations for the controller. Or there may be some other problem. It doesn't make sense for someone else to try to guess and recreate your program. It's much more efficient to see what you are doing and then see if there are any problems.

The result is better if I lower the iterations for the update, but this leads me to being able to pass walls on indoor scenes at lower framerates...