urWorld March Release : Let there be light!

tjheldna

TR Indie Productions present urWorld available on the Leadwerks Gameplayer for it's first public release.

The game is centred around a banished peasant character, who now needs to survive in the woods. The release includes many of the basic playability aspects like path finding, camera movement, inventory etc, but also introducing the first object to craft the camp fire.

Welcoming to our team Shadmar. Shad has brought valuable skill sets to the table, not only with shaders, but coding and ideas too. The team is spread right around the world which means development almost happens 24-7.

We are looking at a release each month and expanding the world. We look forward to hear any feedback and/or bug reports.

Play urWorld On the LE Game Launcher

post-5086-0-45060700-1456622713_thumb.jpg

post-5086-0-81466400-1456622785_thumb.png

post-5086-0-03342400-1456622728_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 11
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Just had a go. Good start. Its very Don't Starve ish.

I like the inventory system.

Im guessing there is a lot more coming for the crafting side of things (I could only find the campfire).

Can you eat the acorns? I tried cooking them, putting them on my character, right clicking. nothing seemed to work.

To get the player to walk you left click, but if you left click on a tree he stays where he is. Maybe right click for action and left click for movement.

For the items in the inventory it would be helpful to have a name for the item to appear when the mouse is on them. I'm not even sure what the first 2 items are.

The animation for the players walk is not quite right, he does a little bit of moon walking.

Looking forward to the next update.

• Upvote 1

Hi Thirsty Panther,

Im guessing there is a lot more coming for the crafting side of things (I could only find the campfire).

We thought we would start off with just the one crafting item to get the ball rolling. This will fill up over time and we have quite a number of items on the horizon. The main goal was to get the inventory and crafting system in place. Now that it is, more crafting options will be added. For now at least each release will focus on one aspect of the game, this one is creating a camp fire so you can survive the nights. Next month will be something else.

Can you eat the acorns? I tried cooking them, putting them on my character, right clicking. nothing seemed to work.

The acorns don't do a whole just yet. The trees will grow and planting a seed will spawn a new tree in the coming releases to make the environment sustainable. As I've read you can roast acorns and eat them, so they may have a dual purpose in game. The tree that it falls from is the wrong tree also.

For the items in the inventory it would be helpful to have a name for the item to appear when the mouse is on them. I'm not even sure what the first 2 items are.

One of the icons is supposed to be flint for lighting the fire and the other is a chicken which can be cooked on the fire to eat. All the icons need replacing, but don't know yet if there going to be drawn or a rendered image at this stage. With the inventory items some sort of info will be added, not sure how it will be delivered to the player, but each item has it's own set of stats. What action is available should be there too i.e. if you can eat it, equip it etc.

To get the player to walk you left click, but if you left click on a tree he stays where he is. Maybe right click for action and left click for movement.

Yes I agree if you click on a tree he should walk next to it.

The animation for the players walk is not quite right, he does a little bit of moon walking.

I know what you mean about the walk anim and will revisit it at some stage, in fact I'll need to revisit most of the art there. It was quite a task getting all the art done in such a short time, so some things didn't get all the attention they deserve for this release. Be assured I will update things like that in the future.

Thanks for playing Thirsty Panther and your feedback!

• Upvote 1
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Like it, can see this has potential.

Ran out of food, died on my way what looked like a berry bush. Is it and can you eat them yet?

Maybe change the tree chopping so you chop if mouse is down. Have I just got a lazy finger though?

Night came on quite fast the first time so died.

Maybe you could have the rain put the fire out so you have to upgrade your fire.

Will keep checking on this one.

• Upvote 1

Elite Cobra Squad

Ran out of food, died on my way what looked like a berry bush. Is it and can you eat them yet?

Yep, you can gather berries from them and eat them. 10 berries per bush with a few min regen on them. You were so close :)

Maybe change the tree chopping so you chop if mouse is down. Have I just got a lazy finger though?

This will be something we'll play around with. Thanks for the feedback!

Night came on quite fast the first time so died.

Yeah, it's still up in the air how long day/night will be. We will try a different value next release and see what people think.

Maybe you could have the rain put the fire out so you have to upgrade your fire.

This is something we've talked about. We have to think about what that means though. I rains often and if you get stuck with rain at night and your fire goes out you're basically dead :). Not much fun I would imagine, but we're trying to think of ways to maybe look at this. Any ideas you have we're all ears.

Will keep checking on this one.

Thanks! We would love to have some dedicated followers who help shape the game with thoughts/comments/concerns/ideas! We will be having monthly releases around the 1st of each month. That's our goal and with 3 people working on it each release should come with it a wide array of changes to test out.

Thank you for taking the time to play around with our game!

I had a go yesterday. Aside what others have mentioned , got one Linux related thing. I think it's a bug in the LE. On Linux going full screen does not work. Window have not resized to full screen and just lost window decoration. You can still play it.

Yes it, does. I would suggest in future builds to have full screen/windowed mode toggle.

Linux version of LE game launcher is no longer supported (check bugs section of the forum). Launcher still works hence I was able to check your game.

Otherwise game was playable so not a massive problem.

Same issue here using Debian Jessie x86_64. Not sure if it is an LE issue, as I can load up my projects in full screen without a problem, but, like Braqoon suggested, maybe a window toggle would be helpful.

Great start and I am really looking forward to seeing how this project evolves. smile.png

SpEcIeS