Fake Radiosity of Objects

ParaToxic

Hey ya I' wondering if there is a way to do GI on some objects in LE ??

I know that LE just support local lighting, but is there a way to do it the global way ??

I need some rooms, where I need object, which emit light from reflecting.Maybe there is a wa to do that precanculated.

Or even when it must be realtime ( because you don't want to precanculate the whole room and it's object -> Leveldesign not possible in this room from the outside ) it works similar like SSAO or not ?

Thanks for answers :)

It sure is possible, Unreal Engine 4 has it. I would link to a video, but Mr. doesn't seem to like that (understandably).

Perhaps you could lookup their implementation details?

What algorithms have you found on the web? Some theses might cover it.

Thanks I have to look for this SSGI shader here.I saw in the shaders.pak file that there is a file ssao_gi.frag. I deleted ssao and renamed it to ssao.frag. The colors shine very beautiful but the FPS is very low....

EDIT: Well I can't find any article with the shader here in the forum, maybe you can give me a link ??

As far as I know, the only realtime GI that actually works, is the one that Crytek has implemented. There are some papers describing it, and you can find it in NVidia DirectX samples including source code and the papers.

But this method is not being used in any real game, even in Crysis2.

But maybe you can find a non-global solution for your specific problem.

Ali Salehi | Programmer

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.0GHz | GeForce GTS 450 | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

LE 2.50 | Visual Studio 2010 | RenderMonkey 1.82 | gDEBugger 5.8 | FX Composer 2.5 | UU3D 3 | xNormal 3.17

76561198023085627.png

I think Mirror's Edge is baked, not real-time.

As far as I know, the only realtime GI that actually works, is the one that Crytek has implemented. There are some papers describing it, and you can find it in NVidia DirectX samples including source code and the papers.

But this method is not being used in any real game, even in Crysis2.

But maybe you can find a non-global solution for your specific problem.

Unreal Engine 4 seems to do it as well. ParaToxic, I sent you a PM with the video.

Mirrors Edge uses a completely static lighting, according to the DICE's presentations.

They claim to use a realtime GI in BF3, but I couldn't find a way to test it myself.

Maybe unreal4 can do GI in realtime, but it's not out yet :D

Ali Salehi | Programmer

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.0GHz | GeForce GTS 450 | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

LE 2.50 | Visual Studio 2010 | RenderMonkey 1.82 | gDEBugger 5.8 | FX Composer 2.5 | UU3D 3 | xNormal 3.17

76561198023085627.png